Products & Services
Unique Identification Number (UIN)
In order to maintain a traceable link for each trade and transaction, executed in the stock market, NCCPL provides a centralized mechanism for the registration of investors in NCSS by assigning UIN.
Clients of Members are categorized in the following manner:
- Individual Pakistani Citizen
- Individual Foreigner/overseas Pakistani citizens/Non-Pakistani residing in Pakistan
- Corporate/individual - Broker
- Corporate – Company
- Corporate – fund/other organization
All registered UINs are provided to the stock exchange by NCCPL and stock exchanges link up the UINs with the trading systems at their end and it is mandatory for the Members to enter client code / ID having such UIN while placing any order in the trading system. The trading systems of the stock exchanges verify the client code / ID with the UIN registration details on Pre-trade basis and reject any order failing this validation.
Benefits of UIN Implementation
- Enable Members to register their clients by assigning unique code to manage their business efficiently and effectively.
- Provide Traceable Links for all Trades and Transactions executed in the Capital Market of Pakistan.
- Provide great relief and facilitation in monitoring compliance and surveillance of relevant Rules and Regulations by the Apex and Front Line Regulators.
- Provides facilitation to the stock exchange to implement effective risk management measures.
- Provide facilitation to various Govt. Agencies in investigation and inquiries.
- Provides great relief to the market participants to synchronize their Back Office records.
- Provides facilitation to the Central Depository Company (“CDC”) to create a logical linkage between CDS Account Holders and Investors.
- Provides facilitation to the Mercantile Exchange for the registration of Commodities Investors.
- Provides effective control over Pledging of Securities with the Banks by Market Participants.
- Bring very useful information for the Capital Market of Pakistan by disclosing Foreign and Local Investors Portfolio on a daily basis, commonly known as “FIPI” and “LIPI”.
- Without having UIN Functionality “Automation of Securities Settlement” mechanism could not be implemented.
- Without having UIN Functionality “Client Level Margining System” could not be implemented at the stock exchange.
|Total UINs Registered during MAY 2023 - OCTOBER 2023|
|Month||Total UINs||Online Process||Normal Process|
|Total UIN Registered in NCCPL (with Active Trading Account) Statistics|
|Sr. #||UIN TYPE||Active UIN as at SEPTEMBER 31, 2023||UIN opened during OCTOBER 2023||UIN closed during OCTOBER 2023||Converted to RDA during OCTOBER 2023||Active UIN as of OCTOBER 31, 2023|
|3||Broker Clearing Members||218||0||0||-||218|
|Total UIN Registered||306,954||3,467||(956)||-||309,465|
|"UIN Registration status (Active Trading Accounts) for the month of OCTOBER-2023"|
|Description||Nos. of UINs|
|"CKO Investors"||"NON-CKO Investors"||RDA||Total|
|UINs as at 01-OCTOBER-2023||152,302||144,314||10,338||306,954|
|New UINs registered during the month||3,378||-||89||3,467|
|Existing investors registered in CKO regime / RDA during the month||411||-||24||435|
|Total UINs registered in CKO regime / RDA||3,789||-||113||3,902|
|UINs closed during the month||(523)||(430)||(3)||(956)|
|Inclusion of Non-CKO UINs in CKO regime / RDA||-||(435)||-||(435)|
|UINs as at 31-OCTOBER-2023||155,568||143,449||10,448||309,465|
|"Geographical breakdown of Investors registered in CKO Regime (Active Trading Account) for the month of OCTOBER-2023 "|
|"Mode of registration of Investors in CKO Regime (Active Trading Accounts) for the month of OCTOBER-2023"|
|Mode of Registration||Nos. of UINs|
|CKO Shared KYC-Wallet||2,024|
|CKO Shared KYC -CDC||-|
|"Manner of registration of Investors in CKO Regime (Active Trading Accounts) for the month of OCTOBER-2023 "|
|Manner of Registration||Nos. of UINs|
Products & Services
- Clearing & Settlement Services
- Investment in Government Securities
- Next Day Netting Facility
- Murabahah Share Financing (MSF)
- Risk Management System
- Unique Identification Number (UIN)
- UIN Information System (UIS)
- Margin Trading System (MTS)
- Margin Financing System (MFS)
- Securities Lending & Borrowing (SLB)
- Capital Gain Tax (CGT)
- National Custodial Services (NCS) & RDA
- SMS & E-mail Alerts Service
- Two-Factor Authentication
- Centralized Know Your Customer (KYC) Organization (CKO)